The Welsh Government has published its decisions on CAP Reform today. The report is available here (The Common Agricultural Policy Reform) but the key decisions are:
- The minimum claim size will be 5ha
- There will be 3 regions and indicative payment rates:
- Moorland (land over 400m) around €20/ha
- SDA around €200/ha
- DA and Lowland around €240/ha
- The transition period will be 5 years
- Claims over €150,000 will be capped
- There will be a 15% transfer from Pillar 1 to Pillar 2
- There will be no form of coupled support.
The Welsh Government will release more information in the spring and will write to SPS claimants in July 2014 about their eligibility for the new BPS claim entitlement in 2015.
Please note: This article is a commentary on general principles and should not be interpreted as advice for your specific situation.