The EU and China are seeking 10 young farmers to take part in a fully funded exchange programme to share knowledge and farming experience.
Programmes for the trip are still being finalised but the aim is to include farm visits and discussions, visits to research institutes, government meetings and various training workshops.
The main objectives of the programme are to:
- Facilitate effective sharing and dissemination of experiences and best practices
- Enhance capacity building in modern farming techniques
- Reinforce cooperation in green development, environmental protection practices and sustainable agriculture
- Produce recommendations to practitioners and policy-makers on sustainable farming practices
- Increase the mutual understanding between young professional farmers and agricultural professionals from both sides, develop close collaboration and ties, and deepen the international cooperation and exchange in agriculture between China and the EU.
Please note: This article is a commentary on general principles and should not be interpreted as advice for your specific situation.