Accommodation For Agricultural Workers

Farmers who provide accommodation to their employees need to make sure that the rates they charge their workers do not push wages below National Minimum Wage or Agricultural Minimum Wage. If accommodation is provided to workers, the offset rate as provided by HMRC is £6.40 per day or £44.80 per week from April 2017. If … Continue reading Accommodation For Agricultural Workers

HMRC Agricultural Compliance Checks

In the rural sector, employers are being urged to check that they are paying the correct minimum wages rates where both the Agricultural Minimum Wage and the National Living Wage apply.  HMRC has launched a programme of compliance checks to ensure the correct rates are being paid and can ask to see any associated records.   … Continue reading HMRC Agricultural Compliance Checks

Auto Enrolment For Farmers

Farmers face fines if they don’t adopt the new workplace pension rules. The Government has brought in to place a new scheme called Auto Enrolment in which all employees must be enrolled in a workplace pension scheme. The Pensions Regulator says that over 1,000 employers were issued with fines of £400 for failing to comply … Continue reading Auto Enrolment For Farmers

Happy Holidays From Green & Co

As we take our Christmas break at the end of another productive year, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you, our loyal blog readers! Whether you are already a client, a prospective client, or just like to read our informative articles each week, it is you who keeps this blog going. Working … Continue reading Happy Holidays From Green & Co

Changes to Agricultural Minimum Wage on the Horizon

Farm workers in Wales are set to receive a 6% pay rise by the end of this year, following the introduction of an interim Agricultural Wages Order for Wales. It will be the first pay rise of its kind since the abolition of the Agricultural Wages Board in 2013, and will represent an annual wage … Continue reading Changes to Agricultural Minimum Wage on the Horizon

Employing Casual Harvesters & Beaters

Farmers are being reminded by HMRC that they must ensure that they comply with the rules when employing casual workers for harvesting and shoot beating. Firstly -  you must ensure that individuals are eligible to work in the UK by requesting the relevant documentation, checking and taking copies for your records.  There are stiff penalties … Continue reading Employing Casual Harvesters & Beaters

How Accountants Can Save Farmers Time and Money

Accountants can be a valuable asset to those running a farming business. At Green & Co we understand that you want to spend your time doing what you enjoy and what you do best. This is where we can help: by providing a tailored level of support to you and your business. There are various … Continue reading How Accountants Can Save Farmers Time and Money

Free SAGE Seminar: RTI & Auto Enrolment

Seminar Agenda: 9:00 - 9:30am Registration, coffee and biscuits 9:30 - 9:45am Introduction and welcome 9:45 - 10:45am Presentation by James Sponder of Sage 10:45 - 11am Q&A session 11:00am Finish Come along and discover how to get the most out of your Sage package. Reserve your place on this free seminar by phoning 01633 … Continue reading Free SAGE Seminar: RTI & Auto Enrolment

Employment status: Get it Right

Employment status has always been, and will no doubt continue to be, a contentious issue for HMRC. Whether an individual is employed or self-employed is not a matter of choice and employers and contractors must ensure that they are engaging workers under the correct contract. An employee will have a contract of services, whereas a sub-contractor … Continue reading Employment status: Get it Right